Travel Guide and Tips
- Things to know before travelling to desert:
- Finding a lot of information about deserts, may help you to choose which one you want to visit
- Make sure the desert is suitable for camping
- Equipment you need while travelling in desert:
- Cooking utensils
- Extra battery for your camera, torch
- Head light
- Warm sleeping bag
- Choose the right place for camping in the Desert
- Try camping where somebody else camped previously .
- Choose a site where there is no flora and the nearest one is at least one meter far.
- Highlights for wild camping in desert:
- Set camp before dusk
- Be prepared for high desert temperature range: from very cold, to very hot
- Besides bringing your GPS and mobile telephone be sure to take the destination paper map with you
- Hints while camping:
- Use large metal container and charcoal to set fire. Otherwise you may damage nature
- To prevent sun stroke, it’s better you have a walk early in the morning or late in the afternoon
- Before leaving your camp site:
- Collect your garbage and leave nothing behind
- Do not bury charcoal, ash or rubbish. It takes ages to decompose
- Cycling tour in the desert
- If you plan your route carefully, you can cycle for up to seventy kilometers per day
- Eat dry fruit and vegetables.
- Water-soluble powder food is very handy
7 reasons for travelling to Iran with a professional local tour guide
Iran is a very safe country
Iran is a very affordable destination
You will be amazed by local hospitality
Iran is reach in culture and history
There are more than twenty UNESCO World Heritage sites
You will have an unforgettable and authentic experience
Iranian dishes will reveal you the pleasures of Persian cuisine
Travel to Iran for their handicraft
In Iran, you will have a truly authentic experience
Driving off-road in the desert – dune bashing
Dune bashing is fun and exciting: the car vibrations you experience when you go fast and the feeling of lightness when you jump up and down the dunes are unforgettable. Even if you have a 4×4 and you are an excellent driver, you better check your car is suitable for desert and you get some training on how to drive in harsh condition. Join us to learn the basics for a thrilling off-road climb.
A guide for solo female travelling to Iran
There are many stereotypes about women travelling alone especially in some countries. Many travellers consider Iran the “safest country to travel to”. You will notice people staring at you. Do not be afraid, they do it only out of curiosity. Please be aware that, by law, you must always cover your hair, arms and legs and wear loose clothes.
Orientation in any circumstances
It is best to know that the weather is not always sunny and at night you do not always have starlight. Don’t even hope for a compass because it’s a destructive device and the best way to learn orientation.